My answer to “What are the possible dangers of travelling?”
What are the possible dangers of travelling?
- Matei, 26 (living in Bucharest, Romania)
- Piotr, 34 (Poland, living in California)
- Pilar – (living in Madrid)
Mostly is getting out of your comfort zone, which is always a possible “danger”.
- Jan (Dutch, living in Austria)
- Lettice – blogger and volunteer (British, living in China)
The best advice I ever received was that anything that could happen to you when you travel could also happen to you at home. Murder, rape, theft, etc… happen all over the world. You can’t let fear prevent you from travelling.
The most common crime I hear about is theft. Valuable items are easily stolen at bus stations, on buses, in public areas, and at hostels.
Travellers must be vigilant about keeping their valuables safe. It’s also wise to never give out personal information to strangers, to never get overly intoxicated, and to never look flashy.
- Bogdan (Romanian blogger, living in Bucharest)